|This page "Carson "Steel Wheels" GT" contains information considered as spoiling.
If you do not want any hints, cheats or achievable detail for the game, then do not read on.
It is highly recommended that you only read this article if you have completed this aspect of the game or if you are extremely stuck.
|"Steel Wheels" GT|
The Carson "Steel Wheels" GT is a steel plated variant of the GT Concept and as such has an unchangeable paint job. The Steel Wheels has identical statistics and the same boost type as the Hunter Citizen making it suitable for Marked Man and Road Rage events.
The steel plating brings some quirks to the otherwise predictable GT. The increase in weight means that the Steel Wheels' handling is not as sharp or as responsive, and also significantly reduces the Steel Wheels' acceleration compared to other GT models. It cannot match its GT cousins in feel and overall abilities, but is almost unmatched compared to its brethren as a combat-heavy vehicle.
It cannot be unlocked in the standard gameplay mode, but by entering a sponsor code.
The armour-plated Steel Wheels packs plenty of extra weight for grinding persistent rivals into the wall.
The "Steel Wheels" GT is mainly a Burnout art-styled revision of the real-world fifth-generation Chevrolet Camaro. In essence, it's a GT Concept with steel plating.
How to Unlock Edit
- Enter one of the following as a case-sensitive code in the North American version of the game.
- "U84D 3Y8K FY8Y 58N6"
- "E60J 8Z7T MS8L 51U6"
- "G23X 5K8Q GX2V 04B1"
- "E165 6L1Q ZQ2H 10V3"
- "Q83E 3H1S BI3B 40P4"
- Enter one of the following as a case-sensitive code in the European version of the game.
- "Z891 4K88 IN25 79AA"
- Note: A Burnout License is required to drive this vehicle offline.
- The "Steel Wheels" GT had darker rims before the official release of the game.
- Burnout Paradise's Free February Update lowered the Carson "Steel Wheels" GT's speed stat from 8 to 6.
- The Free February Update also disabled the ability to add sponsor codes. This vehicle is still available to those players that entered the code before the update was installed. Players can choose to uninstall Burnout Paradise, reinstall, and enter the code before updating to the latest version of Burnout Paradise.
- Before the Free February Update, billboards in Paradise Square advertising the GT Flame, with the slogan "Redefining The Muscle Car", were instead advertsing the "Steel Wheels" GT.
- The appearance and livery of this car cannot be changed, even after driving through a paint shop. This is due to the fact that it has no paint at all; the bodywork is unpainted steel.
- This car cannot be unlocked through the Time Savers Pack.
- This vehicle cannot be used in an Online Cops and Robbers game.
- The "Steel Wheels" GT was equipped with stunt boost in early development.
- The "Steel Wheels" could have been named as a homage to the English heavy metal band Saxon, as one of their songs is called "Wheels of Steel."
- This vehicle was used as a pre-order bonus in many global regions before the 2008 release of Burnout Paradise.
The following video is one of the first trailers featuring the "Steel Wheels" GT and was released in (late) 2007.