|Hot Rod Coupe|
The Carson Hot Rod Coupe is a vehicle designed with Freeburning in mind but it also has a few quirks in store for anyone who chooses to drive it. Its major feature resides in its ability to wheelie whilst boosting at lower speeds. The Coupe's steering locks up whilst performing a wheelie which is a hindrance when faced with obstacles.
The Hot Rod Coupe's performance in Race events is degraded without the use of boost due to its sluggish acceleration. Another issue with the Hot Rod is that players may need to let off the boost whilst taking sharp corners at high speeds. The Coupe is easier to crash compared to other vehicles of equal strength due to its exposed front wheels making it a poor choice for Road Rage events. The Hot Rod Coupe is a very impressive Stunt car as it performs Barrel Rolls and Flat Spins smoothly.
The Coupe may not be the easiest car to control but it is a fun and exciting vehicle that experienced burners will definitely be pleased with.
For burning up straight roads, the Carson & Bennett Hot Rod Coupe is second to none. Watch out for the boost wheelie at low speed.
How to Unlock Edit
The Hot Rod Coupe shares the same model of the Hot Rod from Burnout 2: Point of Impact. In real life the Coupe resembles a customized Ford Model A and a customized 1932 Ford Model B, both of which are quite popular in American Hot Rod culture.
Burning Route Edit
|Hot Rod Coupe Burning Route|
- In Burnout Paradise's Free February Update the Hot Rod Coupe's speed stat was lowered from 6 to 5.
- It is possible to activate Boost without wheeling. This can be performed by tapping the boost button twice instead of holding it. The car will rock backwards but will still be maneuverable.
- The Coupe's wheelie whilst boosting at low speeds is an idea taken from the original Hot Rod in Burnout 2. Performing a Boost Start with the Hot Rod would also cause it to wheelie.
- The Hot Rod Coupe is one of the fastest cars in Paradise whilst boosting and is actually capable of outrunning the Krieger PCPD Special. If the player can master the quirks of this vehicle then it can be an extremely effective sprint racer.
- In a recent update Criterion decreased the length of time for a wheelie.
- A teaser trailer released on July 31st 2007 displays the Hot Rod Coupe with only half its current exhaust pipe length. The game was still in development when the trailer was released.
- The car is called a "coupe" even though it only has two seats and a soft-top roof.
- The license plate reads "US-B2-HR," Which may stand for "United States-Burnout 2-Hot Rod."