It is the fifteenth and last stage of the Championship and is composed of a single Face Off. As the name implies, it is a qualifier event that must be completed in order to enter the Custom Series Championship. Your opponent is the first custom car available, the Custom Compact, and the track is Sunrise Valley Downtown. Depending on the cars you have unlocked, this can be easy or difficult. If you have the Supercar, the Japanese Muscle or the Oval Racer, you should have no problem with this event. Even the Cop Car, the Hot Rod and the Muscle can take him down with some skill.
This event is comprised of a single Face Off.
|Sunrise Valley Downtown|
- Upon completing the event, the player is rewarded with the Custom Compact.
- The Custom Series Championship is also unlocked, along with its first event, the Speed Streak Grand Prix. To go along with this, the 88 Interchange (R), Crystal Summit Peak (R) and Sunrise Valley Springs (R) tracks are unlocked for Single Race and Time Attack modes.
- If The Run To The Sun was not completed with a Gold medal beforehand, the Ocean Sprint (R) track will also be unlocked for Single Race and Time Attack modes.
- Upon completion of this stage, credits are rolled automatically.
- Completing the Custom Series Qualifier, along with the completion of the 4 other Face Offs, contributes to the unlocking of the Face Off Cheat mode.