Development of the various games in the Burnout series involved the creation of multiple pieces of content that may have been removed due to design, artistic vision, time constraints, or technical limitations prior to the release of a game.
- Some crash cinematic angles were removed.
- Shiny Red Car was the development project name of Burnout.
- Early names for playable cars included;
- Frente GL
- Venom SX
- Thunderbolt GT
- Longbow EXC 300
- Hudson 418
- UT500 Jackhammer
- A Fire Engine vehicle is referenced in the game files.
- The Saloon GT's name was at one point the Tenrai VII.
Burnout 3: TakedownEdit
- An early HUD design featured various elements that appeared in Burnout 2: Point of Impact, including a tachometer and automatic transmission prompt.
- Being takedown used to only show the rival that took down the player and a "Taken out!" prompt across the screen.
- Red crosses that block non-race routes had a different appearance.
- Race direction arrows had a different appearance.
Burnout Revenge Edit
- A promotional screenshot shows the Stock C170 Mid driving against regular cars with a different body texture, the Works R170 ST fitted with a double roof scoop, .
- Serial Pillar's signature takedown image shows the Etnies Racer with a similar design to Burnout 3: Takedown's Oval Racer Special.
- The Stock C175 Super appeared in a promotional screenshot racing alongside another vehicle.
- The Factory M-Type GT was at one point fitted with an air intake scoop. 
- The Tuned R180 ST had a different front bumper. 
- The Sports Prototype was replaced with the Sports Collector 3. 
- The Super Prototype was replaced with the Super Collector 3. It not only included Burnout 3's white/red color scheme, but also a green/white color scheme.  
- The Modified Super was replaced with the Super Collector 1. 
- The Gangster Legend's hood was black. 
- The Legend Hotrod was pink. 
- The HUD had various different font colors.
- Burnout Paradise was initially titled Burnout 5.
- The Factory M-Type DX was utilised as a test vehicle during early development
- The game's logo was different.
- An early concept design of Paradise City was much larger. Harbor Town was greatly expanded, Silver Lake was bigger, Downtown Paradise had many more roads, an airport existed to the east of the Waterfront Plaza which would later become Big Surf Island, and a factory area existed to the far south. There was also an extra road at Motor City.
- There were many additional elements of Burnout Paradise planned through downloadable content such as Paradise Keys, planes, helicopters, and a "moon map".
- ↑ http://burnout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Burnout_screen011.jpg Screenshot: Crash Cam 1
- ↑ http://burnout.wikia.com/wiki/File:Burnout_screen015.jpg Screenshot: Crash Cam 2
- ↑ https://www.unseen64.net/2013/02/22/burnout-beta-ps2-xbox-gamecube/ Unseen 64: Burnout
- ↑ Burnout 3: Takedown - Early HUD Design
- ↑ http://operationburnout.com/b3-assets/screens/xbox/Burnout_3_Game_Shot_5.jpg Burnout 3: Takdown - Taken Out! Screen
- ↑ Burnout 3: Takedown - Early Crosses
- ↑ Burnout 3: Takedown - Early Direction Arrows
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/revenge-assets/screens/xbox/bor_-_e3_-_image_1_bmp_jpgcopy.jpg Burnout Revenge - Promotional Screenshot
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/revenge-assets/guide/st/br-serial-piller.jpg Burnout Revenge - Serial Pillar
- ↑ Burnout Revenge - Super C175 racing
- ↑ http://burnout3.free.fr/burnoutfrance/revenge/voitures/factorymtypegt.jpg
- ↑ http://www.gamershell.com/static/screenshots/0/8117/184551_full.jpg Burnout Revenge - Tuned R180 ST
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/legends-assets/screenshots/psp/bol_-_e3_-_image_9.jpg Burnout Legends - Sports Collector 3
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/legends-assets/screenshots/psp/bol_-_e3_-_image_4.jpg Burnout Legends - Super Collector 3
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/legends-assets/screenshots/psp/bolpspscrnwwbatch6_8_bmp.jpg Burnout Legends - Super Collector 3 color schemes
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/legends-assets/screenshots/psp/bol_-_e3_-_image_10.jpg Burnout Legends - Super Collector 1
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/legends-assets/screenshots/psp/bolpspscrnwwbatch5_6_bmp.jpg Burnout Legends - Gangster Legend
- ↑ http://www.operationburnout.com/legends-assets/screenshots/psp/bolpspscrnwwbatch4_6_bmp.jpg Burnout Legends - Legend Hotrod
- ↑ http://static3.gamespot.com/uploads/scale_super/gamespot/images/2006/340/reviews/769954-933708_20061207_003.jpg Burnout Dominator - Early HUD
- ↑ http://ptoponline.com/wp-content/gallery/randomimages/burnout5.jpg Burnout Paradise - Burnout 5 menu
- ↑ http://ptoponline.com/wp-content/gallery/randomimages/burnout5.jpg Burnout Paradise - Factory M-Type DX
- ↑ Burnout Paradise - Early logo
- ↑ Paradise City concept map
- ↑ http://kotaku.com/5429635/burnout-paradise-on-the-moon Kotaku - Moon Map