The player's goal in Face-Off is to win a race against a single opponent. The rival driver is able to drive much more skillfully than the rivals seen in normal Race events. As a result it's imperative that player's keep up with or stay ahead of the rival as it is very easy for them to beat the player.
The reward for beating a Face Off is both a Gold Medal and the car the rival was driving. Only the Modified, Prototype and Dominator vehicles of any given Race class are able to be won via a Face-Off event.
Face Offs are much more intense than regular races since there is little to no room for error during the race.
- Taking down the opponent at the beginning of the race as it will improve the player's lead and reduce the chance of being overtaken.
- A single crash could ruin a player's chance of winning the race. This makes it imperative that the player pays just as much attention to the road as the opponent.
- Player's should attempt overtake the opponent at any opportunity.
Vehicles that can't be unlocked in a Face-OffEdit
There are two Modified and Prototype vehicles that can't be unlocked by winning a Face-Off event;
- Modified Coupe - Unlocked by getting a Gold Medal in Alpine Race
- Super Prototype - Unlocked by getting a Gold Medal in the Gold Medal Grand Prix