|Racing Oval Champ|
The Hunter Racing Oval Champ is an interesting aggression car that is left in the dark when Freeburning. It has quite a bit of speed, but is weaker than the other cars of its class. Although it seems to be heavier than other vehicles, it has a quicker response time. It handles well, but it seems slightly reluctant to drift. In order to make this car slip sideways, the best way is to use the E-brake method. Its still stiff around corners even when using the E-brake, but it is better than using the normal brakes. It depends on how fast the player is traveling that dictates how the car will enter the corner. If at low speed, it will overseer into the corner. At mid speed, it will perform almost neutral. At high speeds, the car will understeer. Its best to initiate the drift using a wider line in order to clear high speed drifts. When going against Nighthawks, the Oval Champ is one of the several Kryptonites for the Nighthawk. Because of its nature to go straight, a shunt or a slam coming from a Nighthawk won't affect it much, In fact, the Oval Champ is one of the best offensive cars to use Against the Nighthawk since its weight can be tossed around to push it off the road, even while mid drift. The best way to drive the Oval Champ is to use its high speed and boost ratings to keep running in the middle of the pack and then work one's way up front by taking down your opponents. It is a decent car for Road Rage events despite its lower than average strength, but cannot handle Marked Man as well as the other aggression vehicles. Its high speed makes some Race events accessible but only if the course doesn't have a lot of tight corners.
Straight from the racing ovals, this is a hot, race tuned stock car. It's nimble and stable in a straight line, but its racing pedigree makes drifting a bit uncomfortable.
How to Unlock Edit
The Racing Oval Champ resembles a NASCAR Ford Fusion with the rear end of a Nationwide Monte Carlo and the side windows of a late '90s Ford Taurus. Its model also resembles the Etnies Racer from Burnout Revenge and the Oval Racer from Burnout Dominator.
In Modnation Racers: Roadtrip, the RTR Turbo has a strong resemblance to the Oval Champ (especially the front on both vehicles).
As EA co-developed the game, they used the leftover sound file from Need For Speed: Carbon for the protagonist's BMW M3 GTR.
Burning Route Edit
|Racing Oval Champ Burning Route|
- In Burnout Paradise's Free February Update, the Racing Oval Champ's speed stat was lowered from 9 to 6.
- This vehicle is commonly referred to as the Hunter Racing Oval Champ while it's Burning Route refers to it as the Oval Champ 07. This name change was made to prevent players from confusing the 07' Oval Champ with the 69' Oval Champ.
- The car features taillights but the headlights are actually (like on real stock cars) decorative stickers and thus are nonfunctional.
- There is another version of this car that can be unlocked by completing the achievement "Boosting Around the World" in the Xbox version.
- This car is clearly supercharged. You can hear it when accelerating, driving as normal, or when driving in reverse.
- This car is very nimble when driving in reverse, unlike other cars which tend to really oversteer.