|Racing Oval Champ|
The Hunter Racing Oval Champ is an interesting aggression car that is left in the dark when Freeburning. It has quite a bit of speed, but is weaker than the other cars of its class. Although it seems to be heavier than other vehicles, it has a quicker response time. It handles well, but it seems slightly reluctant to drift. The best way to drive the Oval Champ is to use its high speed and boost ratings to keep running in the middle of the pack and then work one's way up front by taking down your opponents. It is a decent car for Road Rage events despite its lower than average strength, but cannot handle Marked Man as well as the other aggression vehicles. Its high speed makes some Race events accessible but only if the course doesn't have a lot of tight corners.
Straight from the racing ovals, this is a hot, race tuned stock car. It's nimble and stable in a straight line, but its racing pedigree makes drifting a bit uncomfortable.
How to Unlock Edit
The Racing Oval Champ resembles a NASCAR Ford Fusion with the rear end of a Nationwide Monte Carlo and the side windows of a late '90s Ford Taurus. Its model also resembles the Etnies Racer from Burnout Revenge and the Oval Racer from Burnout Dominator.
As EA co-developed the game, they used the leftover sound file from Need For Speed: Carbon for the protagonist's BMW M3 GTR.
Burning Route Edit
|Racing Oval Champ Burning Route|
- In Burnout Paradise's Free February Update, the Racing Oval Champ's speed stat was lowered from 9 to 6.
- This vehicle is commonly referred to as the Hunter Racing Oval Champ while it's Burning Route refers to it as the Oval Champ 07. This name change was made to prevent players from confusing the 07' Oval Champ with the 69' Oval Champ.
- The car features taillights but the headlights are actually (like on real stock cars) decorative stickers and thus are nonfunctional.
- There is another version of this car that can be unlocked by completing the achievement "Boosting Around the World" in the Xbox version.
- Although its based on Etnies Racer it has a stonger resemblance to the Oval Racer (Burnout Dominator).