The Hunter Takedown 4x4 is a Monster Truck with enough strength to match its looks. It is the final of the strength orientated vehicles in Paradise City as well as the fastest. The 4x4 can run headlong into smaller traffic multiple times and not be wrecked. This monster is an ideal Takedown vehicle especially when the player needs those high target amounts of takedowns in the later Road Rage events. It is also useful to use it in Marked Man events and just watch the chasers bounce off of the Takedown 4x4. Like other heavy vehicles in the game it is not as useful in Stunt Run and Race events due to its extreme weight. The Takedown 4x4 performs U-Turns horribly and the weight shifts the vehicle when performing Barrel Rolls which causes it to land sideways. It may lose traction for a couple of seconds if rammed by another strong vehicle.
This is the ideal choice for bullies. In the Hunter Takedown 4X4, it's always YOUR right of way.
How to Unlock Edit
The Takedown 4x4 mostly takes on the looks from a mid to late 90's Dodge Ram but with modifications. It also bears a resemblance to a Toyota Hilux from the 80's. It also bears a striking resemblance to the Off Road C180 Super from Burnout Revenge.
Burning Route Edit
|Takedown 4x4 Burning Route|
- In Burnout Paradise's Free February Update the Takedown 4x4's speed stat was lowered from 8 to 6 and its boost was increased from 6 to 7.
- The Takedown 4x4's wheels don't spin but remain stationary when the accelerator and brake are pressed at the same time whilst stationary but the car's weight is transferred to the rear. This is probably due to the four wheel drive system of the Takedown. This trait is shared with the Carson Inferno Van and the Hunter Olympus and it's big surf variant.
- The license plate reads: US-PK-01 which standing for "United States-Pickup-01."
- The civilian pickup truck shares this same license plate suggesting that the civilian truck may also be made by Hunter.
- The Takedown 4x4 is also included in the game Burnout CRASH! with a more cartoon looking appearance. It is also the first car available.
- The achievement "Fall Guy" is probably a reference to the 1981 TV series Fall Guy starring two stuntmen who drove around in a truck similar to this.