|Pioneer Super Gator|
The Pioneer Super Gator is the upgraded version of the Pioneer. It gains one extra boost point. This upgrade will benefit players when boost is available. The extra boost power does assist the acceleration and gives the Super Gator a higher maximum speed than its predecessor. Since the Super Gator is still an aggression car which means that players have to be extremely aggressive and Takedown opponents as much as possible to keep the boost going. Everything else remains basically the same.
The mighty Pioneer was no slouch, but the Super Gator packs even more boost power to help hunt down your prey.
How to Unlock Edit
Beat the Pioneer Burning Route.
The Krieger Pioneer Super Gator is a worthwhile upgrade to the standard Krieger Pioneer that boosts its versatility. Despite the lower cruising speed, the increased Boost grants the Super Gator improved acceleration across the board and improves its versatility. It still shares the normal Pioneer's trait of sub-par low-end acceleration and decent mid-range acceleration. The increased boost allows the Super Gator to be used to some effect in Race events if the player plans to keep taking down opponents.
The Super Gator shares exactly the same exceptional handling traits with the standard Pioneer. Although suffering from slight under-steer and a difficulty to be thrown into Drifts at lower speeds, at higher speeds, the Super Gator has a very responsive steering feel with little to no under-steer coupled with a responsive drift that makes it an excellent choice for Marked Man events earlier on in the game.
Like the normal Pioneer, the Super Gator is useless for Stunt Run events due to its heavy weight and large girth. Once again, the Super Gator shines in Road Rage events. Its more powerful boost system allows it to do battle anywhere without being left behind as much as the normal Pioneer and it can perform Takedowns easily. Like the normal Pioneer, the Super Gator loses an alarming amount of control when hit, making it easy to Wreck. In conclusion, the Super Gator is a worthwhile upgrade to the already strong Pioneer that boosts its performance in small but crucial ways
The tyres of the Super Gator are resembled to have much more grip, and have a more off-road look to them.
The Krieger Pioneer Super Gator is heavily influenced by the 2007-2010 Volkswagen Touareg around the front, the 2003-2007 Lexus RX along the sides and the rear is similar to the 2009-present Kia Sorento.
- In Burnout Paradise's Free February Update the Pioneer Super Gator's speed stat was lowered from 3 to 1 and its boost stat was lowered from 4 to 3.
- Any music played after the Cagney update had an added bass effect to make it distorted. The same applies to the Pioneer.
- However, if one applies the gold or platinum finishes to the Pioneer Super Gator, then the bass effect will not be applied at all. The same goes with the Pioneer.
- The bass effect only applies when driving in third person, if one drives in "bumper cam" the bass effect is not applied.
- The Pioneer Super Gator's exhaust note is similar to that of a Porsche Cayenne S and Turbo model.