|Location||South Mountain Drive|
|District|| White Mountain|
|Terrain||Dirt, grass, metal and concrete|
The Lone Peaks Quarry is an open-pit mine in the south of the White Mountain district, just West of the Rockridge Dam. It is a deep mine divided by a narrow waterway across the middle and is probably run by the same mining company as Tindle's Mine. It features many Ramps and paths as well as several Discoveries making it similar to the Eastern Shore Airfield. It is also similar to the Airfield in the sense that both are secret locations, and their discovery earns the player a PlayStation 3 Trophy.
The Quarry is accessible at any time, but jumping in such a location during a Race event is highly inadvisable, nevertheless players will find very worthwhile this area due to its high number of ramps and discoverables, thus making it a recommended venue for Stunt Run events. The Lone Peaks Quarry also serves as a location in many Freeburn and Party Pack Challenges, like the Paradise City Airfield.
The Lone Peaks Quarry is accessed via two entrances:
- The main entrance is just South of the Hans Way, Geldard Drive, South Mountain Drive and West Lake Drive intersection. Easily spotted thanks to a large building, covering the entrance.
- A small passage on the northern flank of South Mountain Drive before its first uphill bend, marked by Smash Gates and takes drivers underground to end up at the bottom of the pit.
Location Description Edit
The Lone Peaks Quarry is probably an active mine as several bulldozers and trucks are visible on the site. The main structures to be found in the Quarry are 2 large mine shafts, one main workshop or office building, a factory or workshop building and a large tower like structure in the North-West. There is a large network of dirt paths and ramps on the flanks of the Quarry's cliff-faces, letting players enter and exit the mine. One track circles completely around the Quarry and is linked to 2 other ramps leading to the main entrance or the bottom of the pit.
Main Overview Edit
Players are able to achieve large jumps, several barrel rolls and Flat Spins thanks to the high number of natural and Makeshift Ramps. The highest and most worthwhile (yet dangerous) ramp is the one located at the main entrance: It is one of the highest in the game, and is a great Split Ramp for attempting to land multiple barrel rolls. Other well known jumps are the ones between the 2 mine shaft towers leading to a Billboard, and the dual natural ramps found directly below the main Super Jump, one of which leads to another Billboard.
Secondary Areas Edit
Other areas include:
- 2 double Split Ramps letting players Barrel Roll over the stream.
- 2 Makeshift Ramps to the north of the previously mentioned ramps, also letting players jump over the steam.
- 1 Natural Ramp part of the "ring" like path circling the sides of the cliffs.
- A large open concrete area free of obstacles in the center of the bottom of the pit.
- The Lone Peaks Quarry has one Super Jump, placed visibly by the main entrance.
- There are three billboards, one located between the two shaft towers with ramps leading up to a jump between them from either side, one just off of a jump found by running counterclockwise along the raised outer edge, and another reached by a longer jump found by driving clockwise up the raised outer edge.
- There are also several smash gates spread across the mine, four of them available by driving into two secret tunnels from the bottom, one leading to the mentioned alternate entrance found on the inside of a hairpin along South Mountain drive and the other from inside the Quarry which leads to Casey Pass.
One PlayStation 3 PSN Trophy is awarded to the player upon first access to the Quarry.
|Visit the Quarry||Awarded for visiting the Quarry in White Mountain.|
Freeburn Challenges Edit
Here are listed the 17 Freeburn Challenges that take place in the Lone Peaks Quarry.
|2||15||Mineheads||Driver Challenge||Jump across the mine shaft twice in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|2||17||Rock and Rolls!||Team Challenge||Land a total of 10 Barrel Rolls in the Lone Peaks quarry. All drivers must contribute.|
|3||18||Earth Movers||Team Challenge||Get a total of over 30 seconds of Air Time at the Lone Peaks Quarry. All drivers must contribute.|
|3||43||Rockfalls||Driver Challenge||Drift a total of 3,000 yards and get 800 degrees of Flat Spin in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|4||40||Mined the Gap!||Team Challenge||Land a total of 15 jumps over the mine shaft in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|4||41||Quarry Rolls||Driver Challenge||Land a double Barrel Roll in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|5||15||Long Distance Fall||Team Challenge||Get a total of a jump distance of 1,500 yards in the Lone Peaks Quarry. All drivers must contribute.|
|5||20||Mine's A Jump||Driver Challenge||Jump the mine shaft in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|6||22||Hole Lotta Jumps||Team Challenge||Land a total of 18 jumps over the mine shaft in the Lone Peaks Quarry. All drivers must contribute.|
|6||23||Open Face-Off||Driver Challenge||Land 2 Barrel Rolls and drift a total of 2,000 yards in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|6||24||Blast Off!||Driver Challenge||Get a total of 15 seconds of Air Time in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|6||33||Rock And Roll||Driver Challenge||Land a double Barrel Roll in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|7||19||Don't Quarry||Driver Challenge||Drift 1,000 yards and land 2 Barrel Rolls in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|7||40||Quarry Barrels||Driver Challenge||Land a double Barrel Roll in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
|7||42||Quarry Takeoffs||Team Challenge||Land a total of 50 jumps at the Lone Peak Quarry. All drivers must contribute.|
|8||24||Don't Look Down||Driver Challenge||Jump the Lone Peaks Quarry mine shaft 4 times.|
|8||34||What A Blast!||Driver Challenge||Drift 2,000 yards and land 10 Jumps in the Lone Peaks Quarry.|
Party Pack Challenges Edit
The Party Pack includes 2 challenges that use the Lone Peaks Quarry.
|Skill||Danger: Falling Cars||Earn as much Air Time as possible||Carson Hot Rod Coupe||1m00s||Crash|
|Stunt||Rock & Rolls||Land a double Barrel Roll into the Quarry||Jansen P12||-||Crash or insufficient Barrel Rolls|