Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
one-stop Wiki site for all your Burnout needs.
| • • • • |
• • •
|Cars, Tracks, Locations, Modes, Events, Challenges, Discoveries... We cover everything and much more!|
The Burnout series is dead. For good. That means, no more Burnout and the series itself has long since forgotten. Even with the release of the Xbox One and PlayStation 4, it seems Criterion Games won't even get near those two, highly-potential consoles to revive the series (in this case, Criterion Games had silently ended the Burnout series without giving out the news). R.I.P. Burnout. You've had a long run, but the road ends here. 200px 19:44, July 27, 2016 (UTC)
Sad to say, Criterion's Co-Founders Alex Ward and Fiona Sperry are both leaving the studio to form themselves their new one. They had so much contributions on their games over the years, especially Burnout games. This might mark the end of the Burnout era.
Criterion Games mentioned during the interview with The Guardian that the new Burnout game, and possibly a new EA classic biker game, Road Rash, will be developing sometime either this year or next year. Burnout series is not dead yet!
Burnout dev, Criterion Games, now shifts gears to the Need For Speed series from now on since they were dominating the franchise with Hot Pursuit (2010) and Most Wanted (2012). Looks like the Burnout series might come to an end. Sad, isn't it? But don't be upset! At least you'll see some familiar Burnout-style gameplays and features in that franchise.
- ...that Criterion Games developed other games such as Black & Need For Speed Hot Pursuit?
- ...that the Custom Coupe Ultimate is the most recurring car in the Burnout series with an apppearance in; Point of Impact, Takedown, Legends, Dominator and Paradise?
- ...that Boosting is the main gameplay mechanic of the whole Burnout series alongside Risk = Reward?
- ...that all console Burnout games in the series run at 60 frames per second?
- ...that the only Burnout game that was released by a developer other than Criterion Games is Burnout Dominator?
- ...that Big Surf Island was redesigned and recreated 3 times?
- ...that Criterion Games was originally "Criterion Software Limited" and was owned by Canon?
- ...that Burnout CRASH! is the first Burnout game to feature an Autolog system that was introduced in Criterion's other game, Need For Speed Hot Pursuit?
|Clan meetings are currently on Hiatus until our Clan Leaders and Administration decide on the direction and future of the Burnopedia Clan. We will still be accepting new members.|
|Learn More | Members | Clan Ranks | Clan Records | Clan Discussion|
|LMR - Admin Request||20:41, November 22, 2016 by LeMansRacer|
|Top 5 hated cars?||15:15, November 9, 2016 by Mike458|
|Top 5 favorite cars?||15:23, November 7, 2016 by Mike458|
|Help me..||13:33, August 24, 2016 by DJThanos|
|Is Konami's "Thrill Drive" Started The WHOLE Burnout?||09:12, June 11, 2016 by Dante-Must-Die-Mode|
|How to exit from the Burnout Paradise game?||17:18, May 29, 2016 by ElliottB1|
Burnout CRASH! is a downloadable spin-off game that was released on PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade on September 20th, 2011. The title has a price tag of $6.99 & €5.49 on PlayStation Network or 800 on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace. The iOS version is also announced and to be released this April 12, 2012.
The poll is now closed due to the inactivity of the games series with no more contents.
Poll Result Archive
- Not sure where to start?
- Don't know where to ask?
- Admins will be delighted to help!
- Adding content